BTW - interestingly the blurays that I have access do handle storage list correctly (getStorageList returns the correct results for a few of the fields). Seems like the soundbars/AVRs do not (although the events are correct for them)..
Note that none of them seem to set a few of the fields correctly however (like the number [space] fields)...
Another gripe. After querying a STR-DN1060, I discover that Network Standby is available on it via the API, however it is called "Remote Start" in the receiver. Yet with the STR-DN1080, Wake On LAN is labelled "Remote Start" in the receiver, and Network Standby is labelled "Network Standby". But both receivers list "Network Standby" as "quickStartMode" in the API.
.... As if things weren't confusing enough for owners.
I found and fixed a bug in my detection code. I managed to finally get a response from the receiver using the Android emulator, but not from my actual phone. So for now "ssdp:all" shall remain my ST field value.