How to do connect a LCD with the SPRESENSE?

• Hi All,

I am trying to display a video on the LCD screen using SPRESENSE, and possibly using the camera app. To avoid reinventing the wheel, I tent to ask the following questions before diving into the spresense/nuttxkernel code etc:

Is there a connection diagram to easily connect the LCD with the SPRESENSE? I know the display device will vary from one to another but I am looking for ili9340 and lpm013m091 based displays. A simple connection diagram would help a lot.

How to enable the driver support for the LCD in the nuttx kernel? What is the main config parameter for the LCD?

Do I need any changes in the camera app to get the video going?

I am attaching the lcd display I have got here, just a s a reference.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
    Vivek

LCD.jpg

• DeveloperWorld

Hi @vivekbhadra

After a quick search I found your display: tft-320x240px-mi0283qt-9a-v1.3-datasheet.pdf
    And I think you're lucky since if you look at the data sheet, you can see that they have been nice enough to expose the IM0-3 on the break-out board.
    On page 11 you can see that if you connect the IM[ x] pins correct you will be able to configure the display to run in SPI, 8 bit mode which is the preferred way.

Here is one schematic on how to connect a ILI9340 display to the Spresense main board:
    https://hackster.imgix.net/uploads/attachments/805919/asset_14_nbycdVt8Gd.png?auto=compress%2Cformat&w=740&h=555&fit=max

In the Spresense SDK you will find drivers for the ILI9340 display and also where it is connected, to main board or extension board.
    The following example shows camera image on a display:

[*] Camera example                                                                                                                                  
                                                                                 (100) Camera task priority (NEW)                                                                                                                   
                                                                                 (2048) Camera stack size (NEW)                                                                                                                     
                                                                                 [*]   Output LCD 

This should be enough to get you going for a while.
    Good luck!

BR
    Karl

• Thanks a lot @TE-KarlKomierowski for the help as usual. I will soon start on that and update how that goes. Cheers