HT-ZF9 API and discovery process
I think I have found the github source for UPnP Tool:
(It seems to be the same author)
I will get it a look later
@TheFC-Company great find! I will have a more thorough look later. I'm no expert on datagrams, but I'm wondering if it has something to do with joining a multicast group vs merely sending a datagram to a multicast address - the latter is what I am doing and numerous other devices do respond.
Edit: the project also uses a DatagramChannel, which is something I'm unfamiliar with.
I have sent an email to the UPnP Tool guy, he confirm for the github code, here is it's full reply:
M-SEARCH packet sent from UPnP Tool is like this and you can also check it or more packet logs by clicking "LOG…” Button on the main screen
If you need a java code sending M-SEARCH via datagram socket, please check this code
Above code is mine and very similar to UPnP Tool’s code
So the code that he use is:
String customQuery = "M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1\r\n" + "HOST: 184.108.40.206:1900\r\n" + "MAN: \"ssdp:discover\"\r\n" + "MX: 3\r\n" + "ST: upnp:rootdevice\r\n" + "USER-AGENT: Android/27 UPnP/1.1 UPnPTool/1.5.1" + "\r\n";
Unfortunately, that didn't help me to find the device. So we need to dig more in the datagram thing, but I'm not familiar too
@TheFC-Company Thanks for the update. I also see that he uses an HttpHeader object rather than just construct a String. Then puts that into a byte array. I wonder why?
@TheFC-Company any joy? I have had a further look. So the format of that project's SSDP packet is pretty much the same. The HttpHeader object is just a class in the same project that stores key-value pairs.
Functionally, the only major difference I can see is that he is using a DatagramChannel instead of a DatagramSocket. Hmmm.....
I found and fixed a bug in my detection code. I managed to finally get a response from the receiver using the Android emulator, but not from my actual phone. So for now "ssdp:all" shall remain my ST field value.
Hi @david. The weirdest thing. Using "ST: urn:schemas-sony.com:service:ScalarWebAPI:1" is now strangely working for me!!!??? I have no idea why! My original search string works (posted back on StackOverflow)!
I'm wondering if the most recent firmware update for the STR-DN1080 changed something. I'm reluctant to roll out the corrected code in case it actually did and some users haven't updated their firmware. The release notes didn't mention anything.
Failing that, a library update at my end or something...
@grolschie glad to hear that it is working for you now. Don't know if anything has changed in the last firmware and have limited access to devices right now, but tested on SRS-ZR5 and HT-ZF9 and "urn:schemas-sony-com:service:ScalarWebAPI:1" works for me too (had to resend the query a few times to be sure to get a response). Feels like I get a better response rate now than before, think I only got it to work reliably with "ssdp:all" before, but that is just a feeling...
@david thanks. Sometimes with UDP you may need to send 2 packets in quick succession, because delivery is not guaranteed. That's what I'm doing (I wasn't previously). Also I'm now sending on a different thread to listening for the reply. In doing so, now the socket starts listening for a reply before the first packet gets sent. So no replies should be missed.
@david You'll never believe this. But today it's not working again! I give up. Back to
...or maybe not.
Interestingly, if you replace "ssdp" with any word you get even better results than
ssdp:all(i.e. less devices responding), e.g.
"ST: blah:all\r\n". And the Sony STR-DN1080's DIAL service does respond to this. LOL! This makes processing the results a lot quicker, especially if you have a lot of devices responding to
ssdp:alland you are querying every device's
device-desc.xmlfile for the model name. This might help someone.
ST: urn:dial-multiscreen-org:device:dial:1might be safer.
Arrgghh!!! The latest firmware update for the STR-DN1080 has removed the DIAL function from the receiver so my detection routine no longer works! The firmware updates the built-in Chromecast Audio device. Doing some UPnP searches, no DIAL device is detected. And the following file is no longer served by the receiver: