HDMI output selection (A, B, A+B)?

• Hi @david

Some hints please about replicating the HDMI Out button on the IR remote, i.e. [HDMI A], [HDMI B], [HDMI A+B].

Is this possible please? I don't see these outputs listed on the device URI page. Thanks in advance.

• @grolschie I have never played with this and don't know if this does what you asking for and I don't have a receiver at home so I can't test.
    But I think this is done by the undocumented function avContent setExternalOutputsSettings value off, hdmiA, hdmiB or hdmiA_B

{
        "method": "setExternalOutputsSettings",
        "id": 67,
        "params": [{"settings": [{
            "value": "hdmiA",
            "target": "hdmiOutput"
        }]}],
        "version": "1.0"
    }

• @david thank you so much!

• @david

update: No go. I'm getting error 12, so I'm presuming this feature is not implemented on the STR-DN1080. It's also not shown as a result of getMethodTypes() for the avContent library on the STR-DN1080 or the STR-DN1060.

• Sorry @grolschie, should have noted that this function was only for soundbar not STR...

The only other function I can see that it could be is avContent setPlaybackPresetSettings and getPlaybackPresetSettings but the documentation I got about what this function does is not very clear, and it looks like it only works for DN1070 and DN1080.

{
        "method": "getPlaybackPresetSettings",
        "id": 34,
        "params": [{
            "target": "hdmiOutput",
            "scene": "movie"
        }],
    }

{
        "method": "setPlaybackPresetSettings",
        "id": 0,
        "params": [{"settings": [{
            "value": "hdmiA",
            "enabled": "true",
            "target": "hdmiOutput",
            "scene": "music"
        }]}],
    }

value same as previous and "scene" one of "movie", "music", "party", "night" or ""

• Hi @david.

Thanks for that. Both those give error 12 as well on the STR-DN1080, which means "No Such Method".

• @grolschie then I don't think there is a way to control the hdmi output selection from the API.

• @david ok, thanks anyway for your quick responses. Much appreciated.