Unable to compile with Arduino FastLED library

• I'm attempting to use the FastLED library with the Spresense. I added the #include "FastLED.h" to the
    "File → Examples → MultiCore MP → Boot → Main" program as follows:

#include <MP.h>
    #include "FastLED.h"

void setup()
    {
    int ret = 0;
    int subid;

Serial.begin(115200);
    while (!Serial);

/* Boot SubCore */
    for (subid = 1; subid <= 4; subid++) {
    ret = MP.begin(subid);
    if (ret < 0) {
    MPLog("MP.begin(%d) error = %d\n", subid, ret);
    }
    }
    }

void loop()
    {
    MPLog("loop\n");
    delay(1000);
    }

The FastLED.h library is installed and compiles on my Arduino Uno. When I try and compile with the Spresense I get the following fatal error which I don't know how to resolve :

In file included from C:\Users\Don Wile\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduino_624712/led_sysdefs.h:34:0,

from C:\Users\Don Wile\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduino_624712/FastLED.h:41,

from C:\Users\DONWIL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_625659\Main.ino:21:

C:\Users\Don Wile\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduino_624712/platforms/avr/led_sysdefs_avr.h:12:20: fatal error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
    Error compiling for board Spresense.

Your help is most appreciated. Thanks.

• DeveloperWorld

Hi @thedubdude

I installed the FastLED library from through the Arduino IDE . The FastLED lib seem to have very architecture and environment dependent code that has not been ported to Spresense/Nuttx.

So you, or somebody, will have to port it before it will build for Spresense.

Br Karl

• @TE-KarlKomierowski

That's too bad. The FastLED library is used by many Arduino users, including myself. That it doesn't work with the Spresense is a show stopper for me. I'm not skilled enough to try and port it to the Spresense. Thanks for your help.